Saturday, October 22, 2011

Wedding Invitations, Wedding Save the Dates


  Well, it’s official!  I entered the 3rd Annual Cards and Pockets Design Contest!  Since I spent time finding all the information, I thought now would be the best time to showcase our design here!  This paper project was a labor of love between my husband, my Aunt, my mother and I.

Save the Dates

All materials were ordered from Cards and Pockets.

Matte: color Mars, size 3.5” x 5”.
Information: cardstock color Crystal, size 3.25” x 4.75”.
Envelope: RSVP envelope (designed for cards 3.5” x “5), color Silver.

The drawing of our venue was done by my aunt!  She’s fabulous at art and we are extremely grateful she was willing to help us out with these invitations!

I scanned her drawing onto the computer and designed the rest of the card in Power Point.

The Cards and Pockets Print Shop printed our invites and cut them to the appropriate size.  We ordered the mattes and silver envelopes directly from their website.  Using Zip Dry Glue, my husband and I assembled all the Save the Dates.  

Extras: My mother designed the stamp at Zazzle; the seals were from Staples (I tried to find a link for the seals, but just can’t find one.  Sorry!  But they are in the invitation section of any Staples store.  They have many different kinds to choose from!  Some are really wedding-y).

Ta-da!



Invitations

All materials were ordered from Card and Pockets.

Pocketfold: Perfetto, color Mars (one size only)
Matte: color Silver, size 5 7/8” x 5 7/8
Information, Inserts: card stock color Crystal
                Invitation: size = 5 5/8” x 5 5/8
                Guest Information: size = 5” x 5.75”
                RSVP: size = 3.5” x 5”
Envelopes: both RSVP and Perfetto Envelope in color Silver.

The drawing of our venue was again done by my aunt!  

I scanned her drawing onto the computer and designed the rest of the invitation, Guest Information Insert and RSVP card in Power Point.

The Cards and Pockets Print Shop printed our invitiation/inserts and cut them to the appropriate size.  Using ZipDry Glue, my husband and I assembled all the invitations.

The RSVP envelope had my parents’ address printed by our home computer/printer (not shown).

The invitation envelope was handwritten by a local calligrapher.

Extras: The return address on our invitation was done with a hand embosser from PSA Essentials sold through Papyrus.  It's difficult to see in the picture due to blurring the address and parent last name, but it was quite legible in person!

Voila!


We did a lot of DIY for our wedding including aisle runners/liners, guest book, and Thank You cards.  Look for those posts soon!  I'll link them here as they come up.

If you find that I didn't hyperlink any of my materials or they are hyperlinked incorrectly, just let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment