Saturday, November 26, 2011

Easy Peasy Banana Bread


             In the days BB (before breadmaker), I didn’t make any bread but this recipe.  It was quick, easy, required no kneading or rising, and was a great use for black bananas.  Considering I don’t eat bananas once they get a bruise or run past the slightly green/bright yellow stage, this recipe saved a lot of bananas from a garbage fate.

Ingredients:
3 – 4 ripe/black bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1/3 – ¾ cup of sugar *
1 egg, beaten
 1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 ½ cup all purpose flour

OPTIONAL: ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

* My husband and I don’t like really sweet banana bread, so I cut the sugar down to 1/3 cup.  It tastes wonderful to us.  If you like more sugar, you can go up to ¾ cup.


Mash bananas with a fork in a large bowl.
Mix melted butter into bananas.
Add sugar, egg, and vanilla.  Mix.
Sprinkle in baking soda.  Mix.
Add in flour.  Mix.
Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter it.
Add in bread mixture, bake for ~ 1 hour at 350°F.

It seriously doesn’t get easier than that, right?

I gave you some pictures below of the recent loaf I made with chocolate chips.  YUM!



You'll see that I have some spiral pasta dishes next to the bread.  That casserole is awesome and I'll post about it soon!  Also - obviously my mug screams "Go Phillies!"  I should crop these pictures better....


2 comments:

  1. If you freeze the bananas as they start to go off you can save them up to have enough to make the bread or until you want to make the bread.

    As a bonus after you defrost they just slide right out of the peel and you don't really have to mash. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea! I need to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete